Sunday, June 9, 2013

Nature Around Us

There was this bullfrog in the "M" puddle.  And today there was a green frog on the concrete edge.  If the green frog makes a leap into the water he may be lunch.
The first silver-spotted skipper of the season.
The used bluebird nest was pulled from the box, in hopes that the pair will nest again.
The first eastern pondhawk dragonfly of the season.
This female Zabulon skipper is as dark as the male is bright orange.
The coreopsis has started to bloom.
Here is a Peck's skipper on the ox-eye-daisy.  The daisies are beginning to fade.
This damselfly is a variable dancer (Argia furnipennis).  That ID took 6 minutes on Bug Guide.  That is a valuable resource for me.
This song sparrow is usually singing from the top of a tree, but this afternoon was bath time.
I saw this snake as I started my afternoon walk, and I wasn't sure if it was sleeping or otherwise, but on my was home it had started to stretch out.  Can you find the head and the tail?  If you right click on the photo it will enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment