Saturday, July 6, 2013

Honey and More

Yesterday the beekeeper harvested the honey from our hives.  There was a total of 9 gallons.
I found this banded hairstreak on the swamp milkweed.
An immature blue dasher found this perch and was there all morning.
This azure was not a new butterfly for the month, but such a nice photo.
This wild indigo duskywing was a new butterfly for July.
The pondhawk dragonflies were all over the meadow.  Here is a male.
And a female pondhawk.
Can you see the female less than four inches from my shoe?  I was wondering if they were following me, as I might be stirring up small insects as I walked through the grass.
I saw grasshoppers and heard cicadas, but no sign of the seventeen year locusts.

The next day I had the male pondhawk on my shoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment