Thursday, July 18, 2013

Too Hot!

This very hot bluebird says it too well.  It is too hot outside.
Not too hot for this Red Admiral butterfly.
So far there haven't been too many of these Japanese beetles.
Someone asked if this flowering raspberry was edible.  Yes, if you like the taste.
The sourwood continues to attract bees and butterflies, and other insects.
The bees have also found this hyssop, which I think is at least seven foot tall, because of all the spring rain.
Look carefully at the wild bergamot, it might be a goldfinch,
or it might be an eastern tiger swallowtail.
A petunia basket by the green house.
The Beaumont House in a new light. I will be away from my computer for two weeks, and I wonder how much change I will see in the meadow, and here at the construction site upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment