Sunday, August 25, 2013

On My Walk

Our resident fawn is getting big.
Off he goes!
The goldenrod is blooming, especially in the back meadow.
There is much flat-topped goldenrod, or grass-leaved goldenrod, which is no longer a solidago but, Euthamia grammifolia.
 Someone asked what the other purple flower was, and sent me off searching, maybe they meant this great lobelia, or lobelia siphilitica, which is blooming in the wetland.
This pearl crescent was there and then gone.  I also caught brief glimpses of some skippers.  I hope that they are there, and just disappearing into the boltonia jungle.
The sky above the meadow was magnificent, but like the butterflies it quickly disappeared.
This beautiful waterlily is dedicated to Foulkeways number one photographer and my friend, Helen.

No comments:

Post a Comment